The JWB Board adheres to Florida laws for open meetings and the public’s right to speak. All Board meetings are publicly-noticed, held in publicly-accessible sites, and are open to the public. Citizen input is always welcome.
The JWB Board typically meets monthly on the second Thursday at 9:00 AM at Juvenile Welfare Board, Edmonds Neri Conference Room, 14155 58th Street North, Clearwater, FL 33760 (unless otherwise noted). Below is a list of meetings in which Board members will be present to discuss JWB business.
COVID-19 NOTICE: The State of Florida Governor’s Executive Order 20-69, extended by Executive Order 20-246, that allowed for public meetings to be held virtually, has expired. All JWB Board and other public meetings will now be held in person. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, below are the precautions that are in place for anyone wishing to attend a public meeting in the JWB building and/or to give public comment. In addition, JWB will live stream the JWB Board Monthly and Finance Committee meetings to the JWB YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/JWBPinellas.
- Face masks are required to be worn at all times while in the JWB building. Disposable masks will be made available for anyone who needs one when entering the building.
- If an individual is sick, is exhibiting any known symptoms of COVID-19, or has tested positive for COVID-19 – or if an individual has been exposed to someone who is exhibiting symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19 – you may not enter our building.
- You must maintain social distancing at all times while in the JWB building, staying at least six feet apart from others and adhering to CDC guidelines (i.e. washing hands, using hand sanitizer, covering coughs or sneezes, etc.). In addition, some JWB bathroom stalls and sinks are closed to help ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the building, and personal hand sanitizers will also be made available.
- A limited number of seats – spaced six feet apart – are set-up in the Edmonds Neri Conference Room where Board and other public meetings will be held. Additional seating, with audio and/or video viewing capabilities, is available in two overflow rooms: conference rooms 105 and 185. If all three rooms are at full capacity for JWB Monthly Board and Finance Committee meetings, individuals will be encouraged to watch the live stream of the meeting on JWB’s YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/JWBPinellas from outside the JWB building or in their vehicles, then enter the building at the appropriate time on the agenda to give public comment.
- Anyone wishing to give public comment can do so by completing a public comment card per the usual process. For those in overflow rooms, JWB staff will assist in collecting public comment cards and ushering the individual inside the Edmonds Neri Conference Room at the appropriate time on the agenda. If all three rooms are at full capacity during JWB Monthly Board and Finance Committee meetings, individuals watching the live stream of the meeting (from outside the JWB building/in their vehicles) can give public comment by completing a card and waiting outside the Edmonds Neri Conference Room for the appropriate time on the agenda.
- All Board meetings are publicly noticed, held in publicly-accessible buildings in Pinellas County, and the public has a right to speak in compliance with Florida’s Sunshine Law for Public Business.
- Persons with disabilities needing accommodations should call 727-453-5600 at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled meeting. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may request accommodations via the State of Florida’s relay service, at 7-1-1 or www.ftri.org/relay/faqs.
- The public has a right to speak and to be heard on all action items prior to any action taken by the Board, as well as during the open agenda portion of meetings. Click below for helpful information for those wishing to speak or make a presentation during a Board meeting: Public Right to Speak and Comment Card
- Board meeting packets including agendas, previous meeting minutes, and action items are posted at least seven days in advance of the meeting and maintained on this page for two years in compliance with Florida’s Uniform Special District Accountability Act
- For additional meeting archives and other historical documents, JWB and the University of South Florida St. Petersburg partnered to create the Juvenile Welfare Board of Pinellas County Digital Archive Collection.
- In accordance with Florida laws, any materials given to Board members or staff are considered public records and subject to release upon request per Florida’s Sunshine Law for Public Records
- Persons are advised that if they decide to appeal any decisions made at a meeting or hearing, they will need a record of the proceedings, and for such purpose, they may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made which includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
- NOTICE: THE MEETING’S AUDIO AND VIDEO WILL BE RECORDED.