The JWB Board adheres to Florida laws for open meetings and the public’s right to speak. All Board meetings are publically-noticed, held in publically-accessible sites, and are open to the public. Citizen input is always welcome.
The JWB Board typically meets monthly on the second Thursday at 9:00 AM at JWB/Room 191, 14155 58th Street North, Clearwater, FL 33760 (unless otherwise noted). Below is a list of meetings in which Board members will be present to discuss JWB business.
- All Board meetings are publicly noticed, held in publicly-accessible buildings in Pinellas County, and the public has a right to speak in compliance with Florida’s Sunshine Law for Public Business.
- The public has a right to speak and to be heard on all action items prior to any action taken by the Board, as well as during the open agenda portion of meetings. Click below for helpful information for those wishing to speak or make a presentation during a Board meeting: Public Right to Speak and Comment Card
- Board meeting packets including agendas, previous meeting minutes, and action items are posted at least seven days in advance of the meeting and maintained on this page for two years in compliance with Florida’s Uniform Special District Accountability Act
- For additional meeting archives and other historical documents, JWB and the University of South Florida St. Petersburg partnered to create the Juvenile Welfare Board of Pinellas County Digital Archive Collection.
- In accordance with Florida laws, any materials given to Board members or staff are considered public records and subject to release upon request per Florida’s Sunshine Law for Public Records
- Persons are advised that if they decide to appeal any decisions made at a meeting or hearing, they will need a record of the proceedings, and for such purpose, they may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made which includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
- Persons with disabilities needing accommodation to participate in the meeting should call 727.453.5673 at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.
- NOTICE: These meetings are subject to audio and video recording at any time.